2016 Spring Employment
Print out our application form: Application for Employment
We are now taking applications for seasonal employment at BOTH of our locations. Please fill out the application form and bring it into the store at which you would like to work.
Reviewing applications for our 2016 seasonal staff.
Please note nearly all positions are seasonal, and must include weekends.
Spring at Portland Nursery is fast-paced and intensely busy. We are looking for people who can multitask like crazy and who are undaunted, if not downright inspired, by an atmosphere of high energy and demands in their workplace. We are looking for individuals who are willing and able to work as part of a team; we need a staff who can work together and stay calm, cheerful and enthusiastic through it all.
Applicants having plant knowledge is definitely a plus, but successful customer service and cashiering experience are of primary importance.
We have openings in one or more of the following Seasonal Positions:
- Cashier/Customer Service
- Production (off-loading, potting and stocking plants)
- Loading Zone/Carry Out
Duties can include:
- Answering multi-line phone and directing calls
- Customer assistance in locating/selecting plant material, supplies, problem-solving
- Maintenance of plant material and displays
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work cooperatively
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to lift and carry fifty (50) pounds
- Ability to stand for 2-3 hours at a time
If this sounds like you, come to the nursery and fill out an application – or download and fill out the application form linked here, and fax, mail or deliver to us (see addresses in sidebar).
Note: Our Division and Stark locations interview and hire separately. If you are interested in both locations, you must submit a separate application to each.
Addresses and fax numbers:
Portland Nursery on Stark
5050 SE Stark Street
Portland, OR 97215
Portland Nursery on Division
9000 SE Division
Portland, OR 97266